Westpac Research Fellowships Program 2020
It’s all about you. And what you need to progress your research and shine as an early career researcher. With just two Fellowships awarded annually, the team works closely with the individuals on building their profile, developing your leadership skills, and expanding your networks. And of course, there’s the fully flexible funding, which involves a minimum of $400,000 over five years. For the first time, researchers who hold other awards are able to apply for a Westpac Research Fellowship.
Westpac is offering two research Fellowships in 2020, and are looking for not just Australia’s best and brightest early career researchers, but those who also want to leave a legacy. Switched-on, curious thinkers who have the inspiration, drive, and ideas to change Australia – and potentially the world – for the better.
As a Westpac Research Fellow, you’ll become part of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Lifelong membership to this network gives you access to one of Australia’s most diverse meetings of like-minds. Drawing on the Scholars’ strong sense of purpose and desire to collaborate, the network is designed to be inspiring, influential and a life-long learning experience. Westpac Research Fellows will participate in a bespoke Leadership 360 program with the current Fellows to enhance their leadership capabilities and foster cross-sector collaboration to support innovation in Australia.
The Westpac Research Fellowship is offered at four leading Australian universities:
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Candidates have been awarded a Ph.D. between 1 September 2014 and 1 September 2017; or have obtained an Eligibility Exemption from the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) or equivalent if your Ph.D. was awarded prior to 1 September 2014.
- The proposed area of research is in a field of research at a participating university (refer to Our Partner Universities below) with an Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) four-digit Field of Research (FOR) rating “well above world standing” in the ERA 2018 exercise. For a comprehensive list of FOR ratings by the university, visit the Australian Research Council’s website.
- Applicants must be able to commence the Fellowship by 30 June 2021.
- Academic excellence and achievements to date.
- A supportive and high-quality research environment.
- A desire to be part of and contribute to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
- A strong sense of connection to Australia and commitment to improving the lives of others.